Trump pledges to hold news conference on ISIS fight in ‘two weeks’

President Donald Trump on Monday said he plans to hold a news conference “in two weeks” on the fight against the Islamic State.

“We’ve had tremendous success against ISIS in our fight in the Middle East, where we’re doing very, very well,” Trump said Monday in remarks to the media during a Cabinet meeting at the White House. “We’re gonna be having a news conference in two weeks on that fight, and you’ll see numbers that you would not have believed. And frankly, if you look back to even six months ago, you wouldn’t have believed it was possible.”

Trump has been mum on his administration’s plans to defeat ISIS, refusing to tell telegraph potential military moves to America’s adversaries. However, Trump has previously promised to share more about the fight against ISIS in a two-week timeframe.

“We are doing very well in the fight against ISIS,” the president said on May 21. “We’re gonna be having a news conference in about two weeks to let everybody know how well we’re doing.” No such news conference has occurred or been announced.

Bloomberg last week highlighted the president’s propensity to set — and miss — deadlines for “two weeks.” Missed self-imposed two-week deadlines include a tax plan, a $1 trillion infrastructure plan, a decision on whether to pull the U.S. of out a global climate pact and a news conference on ISIS.

Source: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/12/trump-isis-news-conference-239427

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s